Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2009 Internet Fools' Day - or - Gullibles Coming Out Day

So, I logged on to gmail this morning before I went to work and saw the tab 'New! Gmail Autopilot.' I don't usually do anything fancy with my gmail (sometimes I'll add a vacation automatic message, and I changed my background screen to display the weather of Syracuse (...and it's nearly always wrong.) ) But I decided to check it out because it sounded kind of interesting. The link took you to a REALLY detailed screen explaining this program that could respond to all of your emails appropriately without you ever having to read them. It came with all of these absolutely ridiculous settings like the degree of capitalization and typos you'd like gmail to reply with. It was nuts. And it said it could keep a conversation going with up to 3 replied messages. I was so intrigued and confused and mad at people for allowing technology to take place of human interaction even further.

Then I realized it's April Fool's. Yep.

No comments: