Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I need to sleep for 12 hours or so

Today I went to Hafner's all day to finish up the wall murals before the grand opening tomorrow morning. I think because I have started feeling sick being up early has become really difficult. I guess I haven't given myself enough credit for getting 8 or more hours of sleep a night since I graduated. 6 hours reeeealllly isn't cutting it for me.

I started off the first half of the day in the men's restrooms. That about sums up the first half of my day. Working as quickly as I could, with the door propped open, quickly getting out as fast as possible as soon as someone came in. And boy, are some people oblivious to the girl painting the walls. I can't tell you how many times dudes come walking in, take off their coats (?), and THEN realize I'm there. So yeah, here is the finished product. Look at cute lil cartoon Chuck!:


Then I moved on to the women's room. Definitely a much more comfortable working environment haha, and here is the finished image in that one. Yay! Done before the ribbon cutting!


Afterwards I came home, grabbed a quick dinner, and headed to Jess' for practice. We're trying to get a really well-done acoustic set for our May 1st show, so we got together to get some new arrangement and cover ideas going. I think the show will be a lot of fun, and definitely a different show for everyone who has seen us before.

Tomorrow I get to sleep in! At least until 9ish, and then I'll probably go back to the store to work on some new sign ideas. Then I'm getting my hair cut, and going out with some friends for sushi. Hoping I feel better tomorrow!

No comments: