Sunday, March 29, 2009

3.29.09

So, last night I had all intentions of going out to the Wescott Theatre and see what I believed to be a great show. Ra Ra Riot, Cut Off Your Hands (a very hyped up band at SXSW from New Zealand), and Passion Pit (though I later saw they weren't there...) oh! and our friend Adam's band, but right as I reached the ATM on my way into the city, I was told it was sold out. So that put the kabash on that idea rather quickly.

Instead I went out to Metro, a bar LITERALLY right across the street from the theatre. Kind of a bummer on 2 counts: 1 it being so freaking close to the venue, the marquee caught my eye every time I turned towards the door, and 2 the Metro used to be Planet 505. So weird. It's... really nice now. But I met up with a bunch of good friends from college, and a few Syracuse-ians and we reminisced about all the ridiculous shows we saw there growing up (um.. Fall Out Boy. to like 30 kids. And they weren't headlining. When it wasn't uncool to like them). But yeah, all around it was a wonderful night. And Woodchuck ciders are where it's at.

Your daily dose of randomness:



THIS IS REAL?!?!

No comments: