Monday, March 30, 2009

sunflowers and self-proclaimed 'sick socks'

So today I did something I haven't in months - I got to work before (well, just about at) 8am. I won't lie, it was quite difficult, as I have gotten used to waking up around 8:30 and thinking that as a part-time worker I was still a productive morning person.

Anyways, I am now working on wall murals for the bathrooms at Hafners. I have completed 1 of 3 images today, a sunflower above the drinking fountains at the entryway to the restrooms. I have been told there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 9am on Wednesday, so I need to get myself moving to finish up the men's and ladies' rooms. Which, by the way... will be a very awkward drawing/painting process, me being in mens and women's rooms for about 4 hours at a time and all.

Here she is:

And here's a closer one (though I will note I also made that 'RESTROOMS' sign. I am loving this job.)



Shortly I'm heading over to the studio to work on the three new preproduction tracks, and I'm hoping to get vocals done. I woke up this morning with kind of a scratchy throat, and after being at Hafner's all day (where it was oddly cold by the bathrooms), I am quite certain I will have a cold by the week's end. So, I'm trying to control it. With these awesomely awkward and thightastic socks I was given at SXSW by American Apparel:


Now, American Apparel and I have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's trashy. I recently bought a dress from the website, got it in the mail to find it was literally a pillowcase with arm holes. Needless to say I sent it back, but still, let's focus on these socks. No I am not sure how you wear them, but I will tell you I have them on under sweatpants and I am LOVING LIFE. I can assure you beyond a reasonable doubt that I will never wear them in the capacity the model in the above picture is, but damn. These things are warm. And they were free, so thanks AA. Maybe we're even for the $12 I paid in shipping that I'll never get back from the pillowcase frock with rope ties.

No comments: