Saturday, March 14, 2009

3.14.09

I have to say, thusfar today has been a pretty good one. My best friend from home who is going to grad school in Maryland came back for the weekend, and we snagged her to run to the hill to see if we couldn't get our hands on those fabulous su shirts from the uconn game the other night. We had read in the paper that there was a window from 12-2 that the bookstore would be open, and when we arrived at 12:15 it was so crowded that we had a hard time finding the shirts. When we finally did, we realized it was nothing more than a large card table, with only small and maybe... 3 mediums (yay us, boo for all the dads out there). So needless to say, I changed in the car on the way back from the campus.

Then we headed to the mall for a quick shoe shopping trip... it was fun, a grand opening at a famous footwear where they give a 30 second shopping spree to someone every hour. You can pick up as many shoes as you want in that time period, and that to me sounded great. I didn't win, but I did get some new sandals for Texas, and I got a mint oreo blizzard. Things like that just make my day.

Afterwards I've just been hanging around the house, trying to pack and clean up the place before we leave on Tuesday. I've been working my butt off to try and get as many projects done for work as I can before I leave, so it's been kind of nonstop lately.

I also did something I've never done before as a musician, and I'm kind of pumped about it. After signing with Cherry Lane a few weeks ago I decided to follow one of their writers prompts and write a pop song for submission. I started it when I was in Nashville, and in about 3 days I had actually written one that I thought was worth recording. So literally the next day, I gathered up Kiel and Kaleena and we put the song together and I sent it out that night. It all happened so quickly I found myself listening to it the next day as if it were a dream, going "Wow, did I really do all this yesterday?" Music is something I always want to do no matter what happens with tse or anything else, but the prospect of being a songwriter; writing for people other than myself to sing, is something that I have always aspired to do. I love having the opportunity to try my hand at that, and I am so grateful and thankful and excited. It's definitely kind of fun to write pop songs, and I'm learning a lot from trying out different genres and such.

Tonight we're off to dinner with some old friends of the family, and then my night will be devoted to the game tonight. 6 overtimes thursday, 1 yesterday... let's just get it done without any tonight.

Let's go orange!

No comments: