Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3.9.09

Holy crap, where does the time go.

I just got back home from Tennessee this afternoon, and all of a sudden I feel like I have been immediately sucked back into the daily grind... and I'm so not ready. So much work to do, so much writing to do, so much relaxing that needs to happen or else I'm going to be stressed all over again.

Oh yoga, I miss you already.

Pluses:
- A week in TN (yay!)
- getting to see Memphis, and AMAZING vegetarian Creole cookin'
- cupcakes in many cities
- boyfriend (!)
- anniversary
- getting a massage (holy wow... why haven't I done that before??)
- sunshine and warm weather

So, at least for the next 10 days or so I'm going to try and remain high on life from that little list right there. I love vacations, but at the same time I feel like having them so sporadically placed in time right now it's like going from one extreme to another. Trying to refocus a busy life when you suddenly have nothing to do and nowhere to be almost makes you over analyze and then you're... not refocused, you're actually more confused and stressed and everything just seems more daunting. Agh, oh well. < / rant >

Big week, I suppose. Practice tomorrow, show in Fredonia on Wednesday, show in Auburn Friday, and maybe some recording going on. Not tse stuff, just some project work perhaps. Then, SXSW Monday. Horray for structured days ahead, full of classes and panels and music! (oh school, how I miss thee...)

Pictures from the trip to come, maybe after some sleep...

No comments: