Thursday, April 9, 2009

Putting it all out there

Well, a whole lot has happened over the past week. I happily discovered Plinky though, so that has aided in me skirting a lot of issues and just posting fun blog prompts on the web :)

Kaleena and I have been down with some seasonal cold that's going around, so unfortunately we haven't really been able to do a whole lot of recording. And, as I'm sure some of you know, we are currently sans drummer for the next lil bit (though don't worry, we have all our bases covered and have made a lot of headway. Our album will still be out as soon as physically possible, and we'll still be performing with a drummer). Basically we've been really busy trying to work around a few bumps in the road, but there's nowhere to go but up, so that's what we're trying to do. It's Aaron's birthday today, and we'll be recording tomorrow so hopefully that will be a fun birthday-ish hang; hopefully he's feeling better as well.

It's been a pretty interesting span of time to say the least, and I guess a lot of it is just more 'growing up' lessons. Between all the internal stuff that's been going on, realizing I've been out of school almost a year already (!!), and just trying to further analyze myself and where I'm going the old noggin has been real cloudy. Totally no fun. But, like I said, we have a lot to look forward to, and although at this point I'm kind of getting used to things not working out I'm trying to become more of an optimist. Things can only not go your way for so long, right? Here's to having things change next week, pretty pretty please.

In the meantime, I've been doing more work at Hafner's (more grateful than ever that I have such an awesome job), and have been really trying to just focus on this release. It needs to happen, and it needs to happen soon. I'm so confident in the music and the band as we stand, and I feel so strongly that we can do some pretty awesome things. We just need a few more pieces to fall into place. It's so hard not having that control that you did when you were at school; being able to want to get things done, and then do them yourself. But, this isn't a college town anymore, it's the real world. This is me putting on my big girl pants and staring the world in the face all sassy-like.

Until then, it's just me and a whole lot of pieces, but every day I think I do my best at shuffling them around to see where and when they might come together. Oh, and until then, I'm sick of cliches and promises. Now I'm done being angsty. Let the Plinkys commence once again.

No comments: