Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting stresseddddd

Okay okay okay. So I know that I don't work full time, and I know that I'm doing the thing where I'm "in a band," but I am just going to throw out there that it so doesn't mean that I'm not incredibly busy and stressed. As a matter of fact, because of how uncertain one's future can be being in a band, I'd say I have quite a fair amount of stress to deal with on a regular basis.

I've been going nuts sending out as many emails as I can to follow up with people I met from SXSW, and I must say so far I've had a few responses, but I'm not really expecting to hear back from many for a while. Timing is very difficult when sending emails out to people, and I know that many of them had an influx of messages sent after the festival, so I thought I'd wait it out for a bit and see where that landed me. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

We are also working on another tour with Armed Forces Entertainment to head out to Southwest Asia in Septemberish, and there is a TON of paperwork associated with that. I'm so excited about it though, and we love touring with them and having the opportunity to play for the troops. Just with all those little 'bumps' in the road lately, trying to get everything in order is just that much harder at the moment.

We're heading back into the studio tonight, and thankfully I'm about over being sick (I think) to the point where I can sing again. Yay! Gonculator will be in the studio from Wednesday to Wednesday the following week so we're really trying to wrap up these preproduction tracks before then. Then we'll be PRACTICING for our May 1st and 6th shows, and gearing up for what's ahead with AFE. In the meantime I hope to be working the rest of the week, and I'll be heading out to Fayetteville on Wednesday to get my violin bow rehaired (and maybe get some sushi if everyone's still planning on it?).

Now, onto the treadmill to Gossip Girl my troubles away.

Oh, and I got this sent to me in an email from my boyfriend:

I'd like to thank him for providing the comic relief to my girlyness and stress. I don't know why this made me laugh as hard as it did, but there you go.

No comments: