Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Does anybody else think those match.com ads are awkward?

...they almost make me feel self-conscious. Like I'm being watched. By that dude who's pretending to be looking at you through a webcam.

Anyways, my day has been CRAZY today. I feel like I've fit too much into one day, and yet I haven't really accomplished all that much. I went to work this morning to find that I wouldn't be in the office and would instead be working outside putting plants out and watering them (and I didn't really dress the part considering I had other errands to run today). But I did get a heads up I would be out there right before I was leaving, so I managed to wear those fantastic AA socks I mentioned in a previous blog, only to be reminded after work that I didn't bring a change of socks. So yep, they're still on.

I worked until 1, ran across the street to a dr. appointment (I changed doctors; I need to have a 'meet and greet,' then a nurse appointment, THEN a physical... all on three separate appointments. Oh well, at least it's close to work), then I made my way to Fayetteville to get a violin bow rehaired. I made my appointment with them at 3 because they close at 5 and I wanted to make sure they had enough time to do it. So, in the meantime I decided I'd go shopping, because I had nothing better to do and I want to get a new dress for Michael's graduation. Now, if any of you know me well, I am not really a shopping kind of girl. I like having a plan of action, a list of stores I need to go to, and then get it over with as soon as possible. This was not the case today, as I had to wait for my bow to be done... so I took the Shoppingtown Mall by storm. And let me tell you, it's a pretty sketchy and desolate place with not a whole lot of options. I actually found a nice one though, only to discover they don't have it in my size, which creates a whole different conflict: that I would need to go to Carousel to find out they have it in my size. Which... is much, much worse. I avoid that mall like the plague. Unless I'm going to see a movie, in which case i love it because of the awesome seats.

So yeah, I'm random at the moment because I've just downed a large coffee at panera, waiting for Jon and Tim to get out here for sushi! I'm bumming that I guess a lot of other people couldn't make it out tonight, but I figured I'd still head out because I was here anyways. So yeah, this is me wasting time before I can eat some good dinner. I went to... all the stores in this vacinity as well. No luck. Many thanks to Panera for wonderful coffee and free wifi. And also to my GPS, which I have successfully mounted to my windshield and just looks marvelous. I shall never be lost again.

No comments: