Friday, April 3, 2009

Please get All Summer Long out of my head

I'm sure there are more than these songs that I would dwell on if I had more time to think about them, but I think it's safe to say these are the songs I absolutely despise at this point in time. These are the songs I would totally give the cold shoulder to and not invite to my birthday party if I had the opportunity and means to.


All Summer Long by Kid Rock

I don't really think this song needs too much of an explanation as to why it shouldn't exist. Besides the fact that it's just a real butt-rock anthem for sketchyness, he didn't even create anything new except for sub-par lyrics to "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Werewolves of London." Because of this, Robert James Ritchie (yes, that's his real name. three first names. Rob Jim Rich) has sufficiently ruined three songs for me altogether, partially because when they all start I don't know what song it is. Oh! And how come it's still being played on the radio?? On the days when I forgot my ipod and was forced to listen to the radio to and from work, I was praying for fall so that the song couldn't be aired anymore, and sure enough... it's still getting played. It probably will still be played until summer, when it will once again seem relevant. Ugh.


All Songs by In Grocery Stores

I used to work in a grocery store for a few years, and all that muzak-ey, motownish stuff that you're so used to hearing in them plagues me to this day. Every time I'm anywhere where it's played I get a pit in my stomach. Yeah, it's kind of weird, but I really didn't like my job. It ruined The Eagles for me. Shame.

That's So You by The Rocket Summer

This one is more a personal attachment one. Given, I listen to this song/artist/album now and wonder what it was that made me even want to listen to more than 30 seconds of it anyway, but yeah. Its one of those nostalgic things that brings me back to when I didn't know what I knew now, wasn't as strong of a person or as sure of myself, and frankly isn't a time I care to reminisce on. Oh, the music we listened to in jr. high and high school.

No comments: