Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dogtown. I want to go to there.

Well, due to the fact that I am a recent college graduate and 'starving artist,' most of the restaurants that I go out to eat at (if I do go out to eat) are pretty darn inexpensive. And, if you know me at all, you know I love food, so I really could name off about ten different places between Syracuse (Stronghearts), Rochester, Fredonia (dude I'd hit up good old Erie Dining Hall any day of the week), NYC (Red Bamboo), Nashville (Mellow Mushroom), and Memphis (Deja Vu Creole). But this place is just fun. I know when I go to Rochester when the boy is living out there we tend to frequent it all too much (is that really a bad thing?). If you're in the mood for some comfort food in a unique way, check out Dogtown.

I was just giving directions to this place to my sister and Aaron since they're heading out to Rochester, so it's been on my mind. One of the only places I know of to serve the famous Rochester 'garbage plate' (mac salad, fries, coleslaw, burgers, hash browns, hot dogs, etc all in the same plate, layered on each other) for vegetarians and vegans. Given I rarely do the garbage plate (so much grease!), all of their specialty hot dogs are named after specific breeds of dogs, and they are SO GOOD. I usually get a bernese mountain dog (a veggie dog with mushrooms, swiss cheese and spicy mustard) and their sweet potato fries (which are absolutely amazing). Their prices are relatively inexpensive, you would without a doubt spend less than ten bucks to fill yourself up. The overall feel of the place is pretty nice, very small but friendly, and with a lot of pictures of dogs around. The perfect place to go out to eat on a random afternoon or evening.

No comments: