Sunday, July 26, 2009

Show Weekend!

Welp, tse has been up to quite a bit over the past few days. First off, I'd like to introduce to you the wonderful Ms. Elisa Seda, who will be playing with us from now through the overseas tour. She has been up since Wednesday rehearsing like crazy for the Forsaken Generation show, and had an AMAZING hotel room that was 2 levels (with a spiral staircase):

So basically, in addition to the bottle of wine you see in the above picture, we've been providing her with some band bonding time. And by 'band bonding' time, we mean band dinners. Because as you all know, a band that eats together, stays together. In case you don't know us all very well, we all share a common enjoyment in eating and/or preparing food. So I made black bean sliders and Jon made some homemade guacamole during one of our all-day rehearsals.


And on Saturday, we went out to Thornden Park to partake in the all day Forsaken Generation show. The weather held up nicely (basically until the end of our set haha), but we managed to have wayyy too much fun over the course of the day, both at the park, where we decided sharpie mustaches were appropriate:

To our guitar center run, where Ollie's 25 cent machine provided a much more realistic and horrifyingly disgusting alternative:


We then all went out to China Road and got the most AMAZING vegetarian 'chicken' I have ever had (see, we really do love eating together), and headed back to the show. It was so cool getting to be a part of the cause, and the show itself was at a really cool location. I don't know if you've ever been around the Thornden Park area, but there's a huge stone ampitheatre and stage, and it's just a really amazing place to have a show. The set went really well (only had to cut 1 song due to rain), and from then on we had a record-setting load in to our vehicles as we escaped what ended up being a pretty heavy downfall.

Don't forget that if you missed us we're playing in Syracuse this coming Friday at Funk n Waffles with White Picket Fence and Oh The Story. Once I get a flyer and more details I'll post.

Michael came up for all this weekend's shenanigans as well, and I'm hoping to get out to Rochester a couple days this week. I know it still seems like such a long way away until tour, but I'll only have a couple free weekends from here on out (rehearsing about 40 hours a week starting August 1st) and I want to see him as much as possible. Other than that and a few job appointments I don't have anything else going on, and I figure this is the last 'week' that I can say that before we return from SW Asia. I'm getting more and more excited every day, and as long as we can get all the paperwork and equipment squared away I will be a very happy camper :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So I know this is weird, and you don't really know me, but I've been reading your blog for a little while now! And we know a lot of the same people! I hope to catch a show when I move back to Syracuse next month!

Also, it's good to see familiar faces! I haven't seen Jon Tedd in forever! And I have missed China Road's Veggy Sesame Chicken! Seriously THE best! :)