Monday, July 13, 2009

Crazy Day!

Today started off simple enough, or at least seemed like it was going to be. We met the guys at Carousel this morning to help Jon go shopping for the show tomorrow (gotta love it when guys go shopping for shows), and on the way home, we saw a family of ducks trying to cross the intersection of Taft and Buckley Road (really really busy streets). So, Jon jumped out of the car to help them across the street and 5 babies ended up falling into a storm sewer because they kind of freaked out. Immediately (thank goodness other people were paying attention), we parked the car close by and tried to get them out. Things weren't working, so Jon and Aaron went to a pool store conveniently right down the street, bought a few skimmers, and were back at it. I ran to Subway, explained my situation to the guy working, and he managed to give me a whole loaf of bread to try and lure them out (how awesome is that?!)

Unfortunately we still weren't able to get them out, despite 2 sheriffs RIGHT AT OUR STOP LIGHT (one of them was on their phone, so yanno, I can understand the lack of observation), so we went back to Jess' to practice, and Aaron called the city who later called them back asking which sewer because they were going to rescue them. So happy that they called us back, it really makes me upset when people just ignore what's going on around them.

So then Jess and I ran to the rental place to pick up a wireless device for my violin and arrange to pick up a drum kit for rehearsal at the end of the week. We got back, practiced, then ran out and rented a Uhaul trailer for the show. Then I came back to Jess', we ran the set again, loaded up and headed out.

Kaleena and I had to run a few more errands before we got home around 8pm (we started the day at 9am so it's been busy... and I had nothing to eat but some cake Jon brought over!), so now I'm exhausted and packing and waiting for Michael to get here because we're leaving at 6am tomorrow.

OOOh I am looking so forward to this show. I can't wait to see friends and family and anyone else and go to Red Bamboo... tomorrow will be wonderful.

No comments: