Monday, June 22, 2009

Sigh of Relief

So, today was my mom's surgery, and we've all been pretty anxious to have this day come and go. Thankfully, it all went well, and they said the procedure went fine. My dad was there since 6am, and Kaleena and I went there once she got put into her own room at 4pm, and stayed until visiting hours were over. She was in such high spirits, and looked great. She should be coming home tomorrow, so I hope to surprise her with making loads of soft foods (but not bland... I'm going to put my cooking skills to the test here) and watch lots of movies with her. She should be out of work 4-6 weeks so it will be a long recovery for her, though she'll probably fight to make it shorter :) Thanks to all of our friends and family who have been there for us!!

No comments: