Monday, June 22, 2009

Don't listen to these songs alone with me, or I may embarass myself...

Oh, the songs that make me tear up. Some have a good reason, some don't, and some are pretty self-explanatory if you give them a listen. I highly recommend all these songs, they are really quite amazing in their own right.


Your Ex-Lover Is Dead by Stars

I think this is one of my all-time favorite songs, because the lyrics are so incredibly simple, but they're so heartfelt and honest. It so accurately tells a story that not a whole lot of songs are really about, and does it with such emotion in the singing and phrasing that it just gets me every time. Plus, you couldn't imagine a more beautiful arrangement with all the instruments, and the video evokes an 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' type of feeling, which only adds to my reasons.

Never Is A Promise by Fiona Apple

Damn. I haven't really listened to this song in years, because I o.d'd a few years ago after going through a rough time, but this song... damn.

Love Story by Taylor Swift

Dude, it's beyond me as to why this song makes me cry. There are other songs that do the same on this album, but this one for some reason really gets to me. Maybe it's because I think the song is just really perfectly written, and I wish I could write a pop song like that too. And maybe because I've always heard it at times when I've been sad, like leaving Nashville, and so from then on I listen to it and think about that place again.

No comments: