Monday, June 29, 2009

In Memory

Today was the funeral for a very good friend of the family, Dave DiMarco. He was an absolutely amazing man, who left us (as well as a loving wife and two daughters, both under the age of ten) all too soon. He was one of the most supportive, caring, and generous men I have ever met, and supported our music from the very beginning. I think one of our first shows was a dinner party held in his backyard, where we were the 'hired entertainment.' He was so kind and proud of Kaleena and I, with everything we did. He wished us well on our first trip abroad, even sending us some extra spending money to "buy a nice pair of leider hosen" in Germany. He was the person I called when I had to deal with my shitty landlords losing our housekeys for 3 months without telling us. He certainly gave me sound advice... and the landlords certainly were upset with me for sending a letter certified to their house so that there was a paper trail of this little mishap. But those are really just the tip of the iceberg, and a few things that make me smile when I think about him. The fact was, he was always there; he always loved to solve problems, and always loved to enable people to do what it was they truly wanted. He wasn't just the owner of the company my dad worked for; he was part-owner of the studio as well as the record label. He never gave up on us, and I will never forget him. Today was a really rough day for the family, and I'm sure the next few weeks and months will still hold constant reminders that he is no longer with us. There is never really much more you can say when something like this happens, but as I'm sure he knows so many people thought so incredibly highly of him, including me, and he will truly be missed.

No comments: