Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Band Stuff!

Super excited about what's going on in the next few days; our new website is going live at midnight tonight (www.thescarletending.com), and we are going to be streaming a new demo on it! It will also be available on Knox Road (www.knoxroad.com), a music blog out of New York City. For those of you that have been at recent shows, the track is called "Exactly What You Want." Hope you all enjoy it!

Also, at the Westcott Theater's Bayside show this Saturday, there will be a silent auction to benefit the Shaun Luu Horrorfest. There you will be able to bid on our newest cd that is yet to be released, as well as a ticket to the cd release show! It goes to a very worthwhile cause, so please go and bid!

In addition to all that stuff going on, we have a HUGE show in NYC on Tuesday, July 14th at Arlene's Grocery. I have never in my life begged friends, family, and everyone else to come out to a show, but I am choosing this to be my exception. I formally request EVERYBODY who can make it out to please, please be there for this - it is very, very important to us!! It's at 8pm, $8, and 21 and over only. The flyer is right here, feel free to print it out if you're in that general vacinity- I will love you forever for it:


We have been practicing a ton and finishing up the preproduction over the past few weeks, and I managed to somehow make laundry a dangerous task. I slammed my middle finter (of my left hand) in the door, and really haven't been able to feel it since it happened on... Saturday? So yeah, that's been rather un-fun. But I'm hoping I'll be able to play my instruments again soon.

I also went to Rochester to see Michael for a couple of days, and got to meet up with my friends Anna (who I lived with my senior year of school), and Jimmy (who's also in a full-time band). I've been so happy for him and the success his band has been having (Polar Bear Club). They've been touring what appears to be non-stop, and are getting a ton of exposure. Also, we passed by their indie theater, The Little. It makes me so bummed that we really don't have one around here. The closest is the Manlius Art Cinema, which is about 45 minutes away from me. I really want to see The Brothers Bloom, and Away We Go, both of which are playing or will be playing at The Little. I will definitely be going to see one or both of them next time I'm out there. Oh, I miss the Opera House.

Trivia Night tonight! Our team managed to win last time, so I'm really excited about tonight... it's so nice getting out and getting together with friends, bummed that more of them can't make it tonight. And also bummed that this is the only time over the past few weeks I have been able to go out; band practice is taking over a lot of my sushi nights, and between going back and forth to Rochester it's always nice to have one night where you know what's going on.

No comments: