Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh, summer.

Alright, well as it seems I've been slacking in the blog department, I'm going to just have to sum up my week in a sort of list-recap. So, here goes:

Monday:
- Michael came out, and the band had a rehearsal. The hunt for a drummer continues, but in the meantime we had the drum tracks put on an ipod and we hooked it up to the PA system. It's pretty rad to have the tracks when we rehearse. We call it RoboCam.

Tuesday:
- Michael and I went out and met up with his friend Trevor at Strong Hearts, then I finally got to check out the new location of Sound Garden (it's been a while since I've been out there! And it's so big... I'm going to have to learn my way around.)
- I should also note that on our way out of Sound Garden we were standing next to a car in the parking lot with a woman and two small children in the back seats. She had purchased a cd, and was opening the wrapping with a serrated switchblade. Oh, Syracuse. You never cease to amaze me.
- On the way home, I thought I would check out the Halo on Marshall Street with this tattoo design I'd been carrying around in my purse for a while. I've always wanted to get it, and I just recently decided (in the wake of being broke, no job... what better idea than to drop some cash on a tattoo, right?) that I didn't know what I was waiting for. I really don't spend a lot of money on 'things' and I made sure that I would be able to have cash to spend time with friends and travel, and since I probably won't be getting a car any time soon (since I don't have a job anymore), I wanted to do this. So I walked in, talked to them, and set up an appointment for that night. It really wasn't bad at all, and getting it on my wrist really was only painful when he went over the tendons. But yeah, I fared very well :)



Wednesday:
- More band practice! And meetings... we have some awesome stuff coming up but I won't tell until it's all finalized :)

Thursday:
- My mom and sister took Bently to the vet, and once again he had a mild attack with his LP (larynx issues), so hopefully he will make it through this summer even though I know it's been getting hard for him. He's getting older, but I do love that dog so much.
- Had to go to a wake for a friend of the family's; it's always so difficult to go through times like that and their family has been in our thoughts and prayers.
- Trivia night at Edgewater. Team Pratt gained a few new members, and our 'no-cheating' strategy is leading us nowhere near number 1. But, beer is still only a buck, and I managed to get quite tipsy for not so much money at all. I'm such a lightweight, but I think that's a good thing for my wallet these days. Plus, I really needed that time with friends, and I look forward to it every week, especially since we usually practice on Wednesday so I can'd do sushi night anymore :(

Friday:
- Did some 'business' following up on some band emails and phone calls, then went out to Rochester.
- Michael and I went to Darien Lake to see No Doubt and Paramore :)
Notes:
- I have always been a fan of roller coasters, but this place really didn't impress me anymore. I hadn't been there in a long time, but the Viper was pretty darn boring. And half of the rides weren't even working.
- The Predator (wooden coaster)... you can kiss my bruised ass. I will never ride you ever, ever again. You hurt.
- The Mind Eraser. You must ride this one in the front seats to get the full effect. This ride made going to the park worthwhile.
- The concert was AMAZING. Paramore was phenomenal, and seeing No Doubt was something I've wanted to do since... 5th grade. And thankfully they only played 4 songs off "Rock Steady," one of them being the only tolerable song on the album ("Running"). Lawn seats were just fine by me, other than the sing-a-long style of all the tweens that were there to see Paramore (and you could tell... there were like 100 mini Hayley's).

Saturday:
- Hung out with Michael in a rainy Rochester. Finally got to see "Snatch."
- Great Northern Pizza Kitchen = Ravioli Pizza = YES. We just got one of these places in Fayetteville (in the Target Plaza)


- Got to see Chris, Annie, and Tommy. And their puppy, Daisy. It was awesome getting to see them all again, such good people.

Sunday:
- Back in Syracuse, cooked my dad a good Father's Day Meal, got to go on a nice long bike ride and prepare for the week ahead of me. My mom goes in for surgery tomorrow, and will be there until Tuesday. Then we have some rehearsals and a couple drummer auditions. Also I hope to be getting some work done for Hafner's and La Tresse.

No comments: