Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time to escape for a few days

Welp, it's been great doing music every day for the past couple of days... but it's definitely time that I take a lil breaky-break. Pre-tour stress is getting to all of us, and trying to manage all of the equipment and excess baggage is quite a hefty chunk of the crazy. We're all getting really excited about Asia, and all of the songs are coming together quite nicely. I've spent a few days in the studio and I put together the strings for our newest song tonight.

But alas, I'm off to Brooklyn tomorrow until Tuesday morning. I need some time away with a good book and some sudoku puzzles. I'm staying with my friends out there and I intend on going to a barbeque, gallery showing, and having sweet hangouts.

Until then, I'll continue going crazier by the hour. I swear if it weren't for my dad and Jess helping out this tour wouldn't be happening; I am eternally grateful for my father stepping in as the 'home base tour manager' as he knows far more about sound equipment than I do, and I do not know what we'd be doing without his help. Er, wait... I do. I'd probably still be in Syracuse for all of October.

No comments: