Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Basics

After what seems like a real hectic past few weeks (and a few big shows), we are kind of settling back into just having music going on. Although I have had to give up having more work (basically no paychecks from here until tour), I feel as though it's the best decision for us so that we are as productive as possible before we leave. It was pretty awesome getting up this morning, rehearsing for a bit, working out, and then going to practice. I love being able to spend that much time on music, and not being rushed with work. I know right now it's sort of a necessary evil, and yes, I will miss having an income, no matter how small, but I'll keep up with some graphic design work between now and then that should cover my minimal spending habits.

Kiel leaves for LA on Friday morning I believe, so tomorrow and Wednesday day I'll be in the studio with him so that he can put drum tracks down for my solo album. I've been working pretty slowly on it (not for any particular reason), but after realizing how soon he leaves, and knowing I'd like for him to play on it, it's kind of put me in fast-forward. I think that's a good thing also though, it'll be really nice to get that cd rolling, and even better for my publishing deal (I hope!) since it's a lot poppy-er than the TSE stuff that's on the upcoming album. Either way I'm excited about it, being able to write pop music and indie music and even dabbling in the electronic-type stuff is really keeping things refreshing constantly. It's awesome being surrounded by so much music.

We had an amazing rehearsal today, being an acoustic one for 3 hours then having the band join up for a few hours to work on one brand brand new song and a cover for the tour. It's days like today where we all really feel like it's coming together beautifully, and being this prepared and ready is going to make the tour so much less stressful.

So... yeah. Tomorrow it's gonna be sleep until 8:30, work out, catch up on some tv, get to the studio, rehearse at 4:30, and I'll probably do that again on Wednesday. Even though it's not the most financially stable job in the world, I am lucky to be able to do it.

No comments: