Friday, August 7, 2009

Tour Postponed, keeping busy

I feel as though I go in spurts of being good at updating this thing, and then... not. I guess I've fallen into a bit of busy-ness that is keeping in me on my toes and away from the computer screen when it is that I can be.

What's been going on:

-Tour got postponed 30 days due to visa and other issues out of our control. Although a lot of people were bummed, I'm looking at this like everything happens for a reason and with the delay we can focus our efforts on finishing up our album and getting more prepared for everything ahead of us. We've been in the studio for a couple of days finishing the tracks we have drums for already and when E gets here next week we plan on having her record as much as she can so that we can get this thing finished already!

-Promo/cd photo shoot is coming up this week. So excited, but soo much planning. I need to get myself over to Home Depot to start buying supplies. And I wish that all the new clothes I ordered for the shoot would get to my house, I never even received a confirmation email or receipt, but they deducted the cash from my account... ugh. Get here.

-I feel as though I could write a book (very similar to the one I just finished reading called "A Working Stiff's Manifesto") on all the real random jobs I've taken since trying to become a full-time musician. In addition to mascot for health fairs (yep, I've been in a costume), maintenance worker, Christmas tree decorator, garden center employee, graphic designer, landscaper, and construction runner, I have also just been employed on a short stint as a house cleaner, pottery assistant, and I start my work as a Christmas tree pruner next week. I feel as though all these jobs are making me a lot stronger both physically and mentally, and whenever it is that I get a 'real' 40 hour a week or 'real' paying job, I'm going to be floored at how much money will be coming in. I've been used to not spending money from these jobs, I can't even imagine how easy saving money will be when money starts rolling in.

And a lot of other stuff. I did go and visit my old pottery teacher (who I'm helping get ready for the big Caz pottery fair) today, and she gave me a lot of inspiration to get back into art, and so I picked back up on one of my paintings and am feeling great about it. I also got a lot of latresse work done and so yesterday she gave me a haircut, color, and lowlights as a barter for some of the work! I'm trying desperately to see the good in everything, and I figure that things can only be so hard for so long... it's about time that things come around, and I think now that we can focus on all of this it will.

Today's plan is to help out Millie at the pottery shop from 10 until whenever she doesn't need me or until 4 when I run over to La Tresse and get her some of the design files. Michael is heading up tonight and we're going to go and see (500) days of summer this evening. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for a long time :)

No comments: