Sunday, August 23, 2009

Relaxing weekend before a long week

I started pruning Christmas Trees out in Pompey this week with my sister, which is a really physically demanding job (though not so much as unloading trucks), but the sun really drains you out there! It's pretty relaxing just spending the day in an open field, listening to my ipod, breathing in the pine and enjoying summer breezes. The downside? Like I said, the heat, having sunburns in and on the back of your ears, the bugs, and the snakes (yep... snakes). But it's been great having a temporary job for the next couple of weeks, and so you really won't hear this girl complaining! :)

I went out to Rochester for the weekend to see the boyfriend (it's been 2 weeks since I've seen him!), and had a really great time. We went out to dinner with his family on Friday night, and on Saturday our friend and my other blogmate Casey came out and we went shopping, got some ice cream, and sat in a park, and grabbed some yummy mexican food before going to our friends' (Dasha) show at a coffee shop. It was a lot of fun to see a bunch of friends, even if the show started like 3 hours later than it was supposed to.

Today I met up with my friend Annie for some coffee at this amazing little coffee shop in Rochester (Starry Nites Cafe). This summer has really been good to me in regards to getting to know a few new people, even though it seems I rarely have time to really hang out (I'm trying to get better at that! But alas, my schedule is so difficult to plan things, even with the boy). After that I headed home and got really productive, doing some work for LaTresse so that I didn't have to cram it into this week, practicing, and getting a few odds and ends wrapped up.

This weeks is going to be NUTS. But I'm hoping it'll all go well, and will end up being far less stressful as it seems. We'll be working Mon-Thurs 8:30-2:30 at the tree farm, then having rehearsal 4:30-8ish or so. This week is starting our hardcore practice regiment, and then on Friday I have a meeting in the morning and then we have our Mother Mother show in Cortland that we are soooo so pumped for. My aunts and uncle from Long Island are also coming up this weekend to go to the show and the fair, and I'm really excited about seeing them. The only downside to this weekend is that my really good friend Paige who moved out to Maryland will be home (in Rochester) for the weekend, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it :( We shall see!!

In the meantime I'm keeping things positive. It's going to be great getting a paycheck, and the show is going to be awesome.

No comments: