Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2.24.09

I'm typing this from the studio; we've been tracking for the past 4 or 5 days now to get a demo done before SXSW next month. We're doing a total of 4 songs (3 brand new), so within the next week or two we will hopefully be having them on our myspace page, etc. Good stuff.

My (and my sister's) birthday was on Sunday, where we had the bandmates and a couple other friends come over for a dinner and dress-up 'Oscar-themed' party. I was pumped because it gave me an excuse to make a cake again, and it ended up being the best vegan chocolate cake I've ever made (and..only vegan chocolate cake I've ever made). So much fun; sushi, sesame tofu, 3 cakes... yay food :)

At one point, the band came out with a 'cake' for me that ended up being my old guitar tuner in jello a la 'the office.' They then presented me with a new boss tuner (they always hated my old tuner whose brand shall not be named). So... even more good stuff.

Off to Nashville on Monday, then SXSW a few weeks after that. Looking forward to what's ahead, as usual.

No comments: