Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tourgen Busgen?!

We're in Germany!!

After our 7 hour flight to Germany (which really wasn't half bad at all, except that I hardly sleep on planes), we were met by our sound guy Ben (who had just gotten off tours with Black Violins and Sevendust), and our bus driver, Silvio. Yes, we have a bus. Yes it is ridiculous. See exhibit a:


Exhibit A

Inside of this bus, there are 8 little sleeping bunk things (which I tried out, and are quite nice), the back of the bus has a round booth with a tv and playstation, and the front has a table and another bench (the bathroom is in the middle). I'm still definitely in shock.

So from the Frankfurt airport we drove out to Baumholder, which is the cutest little town (see exhibit b), which is COMPLETELY closed on Sundays. So, we got to our hotel (exhibit c), went to the PX (the military store) to get some fixture adapters and such, the grocery store, and then the dining facility for some food. Now we have returned back to the hotel, and I thought we were going to be doing some walking around, but it appears that everyone has fallen asleep. And I'm getting there, so I guess we will just have to see what happens tonight (we are 6 hours ahead of you New Yorkers).

Exhibit B

Exhbit C



So yeah, now Kaleena and I are just hanging out in our rooms, might watch a movie, not real sure as of how the night will go. Tomorrow we have all day to explore until we head to the venue, the Rheinlander Theatre (which was apparently a hangout for Hitler before the war). I'm really excited to look around this place, so much history I'm not accustomed to being around. Here's the view from my room, goodnight!

No comments: