Monday, November 9, 2009

Becoming an adult...

...means having bills to pay. Because of this, I believe I am becoming an adult this week.

Between having a new job (I'm a cookie decorator at Corso's Cookies in Lakeland), needing to buy health insurance, buying a car, and needing to buy car insurance, all my wonderful saving that I've been busy with for the past 5 years has been successfully halved, and there is nothing I can do about it but relish in it.

I am really excited about the new job, and am so happy to be hired without prior professional experience as a baker/decorator. I'm hoping that this will open even more doors as time goes on, especially with how intricate their designs are, and how much the company is growing.

The car is a PT Cruiser. Picked her up this morning. For all you haters out there, all I can say is that I'm not driving a minivan anymore. So there.

I managed to have the fullest day possible without having adequate amount of food in my system as well. Because of work, my 8am bloodwork appointment was rescheduled for 3pm and with me needing to fast 12 hours beforehand, I pretty much ran on nothing from dinner until 3:30 this afternoon. From work I went to the lab where they had an issue with my appointment. Not unusual since I had to reschedule, but when the receptionist tried to tell me what happened and said," Well, it seems as though when you rescheduled, they went back a week and made your appointment for the 2nd. Today is the 9th, and since we can't go back in time, we just have to compensate for your being here now." I wasn't really sure whether to laugh at her witty sense of humor or question whether or not she knew exactly what she was saying since her tone was always sincere, so I just sat down and waited. From there, I ran a few errands, dropped the van off with my sister, and picked up the bruiser.

I've been really tired all day so I decided once again to skimp on my exercise regiment and instead eat chocolate and watch episodes of How I Met Your Mother while doing graphic design work for Hafner's. It's a good tradeoff, if you ask me.

Oh! And before I forget, I strongly urge you to check out my new side project with Vancouver filmmaker/composer CJ Wallis, Elective. I will be in the studio tomorrow finishing up vocal tracks for our first single, and we will be progressing as each of our main projects allow. He is wonderfully talented, and you can check out some of his film work here.

So, that's what tomorrow holds. A lot of new TSE news in the works, but once again I'm waiting to see how all of it pans out before parading it all over the wonderful world of internet. Work and studio. In the meantime, goodnight external hard drive, goodnight cell phone, goodnight ftp sites, goodnight laptop, goodnight awesome smelling candle, goodnight moon.

No comments: